You’re invited to apprentice yourself to the masters at the exclusive Chaddock College September 18-20. Chaddock College is a 2-day immersion experience in the art and science of fine furniture manufacturing, including behind-the-scenes factory tours, seminars, learn-by-doing activities and networking.
Your instructors are industry icons and pros. Your peers are fellow accomplished design and retail professionals. The venue is the Chaddock factory campus in Morganton, North Carolina, the traditional heart of American furniture manufacturing.
Chaddock College is free of charge to qualified retail and design professionals.
TIMELINE AND SYLLABUS
THE NIGHT BEFORE, Monday, September 18
- Hotel check-in the afternoon before college begins (4-5pm).
- Followed by cocktails, dinner and networking.
DAY ONE: CASEGOODS REVEALED, September 19
- See how manufacturing process improvements positively impact your creative job performance as a designer.
- Demonstrations of how artisan craftsmanship techniques and modern technology combine to produce exceptional style and value for today’s clients.
- Guided by master craftsmen, you’ll practice distressing, sanding, staining and sheen-application. Your masterpiece? A picture frame – yours to keep!
- Wrap up the evening with cocktails, conversation and dinner with your classmates and Chaddock execs.
DAY TWO: WORK THE UPHOLSTERY WORKROOM, September 20
- See how internal quality construction features – the invisible infrastructure – are the foundation of beautiful upholstery.
- Witness the creation of made-to-order upholstery, including patterning, cutting, sewing, fabric application and custom tailoring treatments.
- College attendees will matriculate the afternoon of Day Two. You’ll be ready to depart Morganton, North Carolina – informed and inspired – early afternoon.
WHAT APPLICANTS NEED TO KNOW
CHADDOCK COLLEGE FACULTY: Your college deans include Chaddock VP of Operations James Kennedy, case goods manager David Cruise, and upholstery plant manager Louie Weatherman. Collectively, they bring well over 50 years of fine furniture manufacturing expertise to your experience. They are joined by dozens of Chaddock craftsmen and women, many born and raised in the furniture-making tradition.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Interior designers and retail sales associates seeking the next level of personal and professional growth.
HOW TO APPLY: While acceptance to Chaddock College is generally by invitation or referral, for consideration, please contact your local Chaddock representative, or email email@example.com
FEES: Aside from transportation to and from Chaddock’s Morganton, NC, factory, there are no attendance fees. Chaddock is happy to assume the costs of food and lodging, to support your continuing education.